I am an IT security researcher focusing on anonymity, privacy and cryptocurrencies. In particular, I am interested in topics at the interface of technology and law, which is why I started to study law in 2018 alongside my research.
In 2023, I received my Ph.D. (Dr.-Ing.) at the Chair of Applied Cryptography, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, under the supervision of Dominique Schröder. During my Ph.D., I was fortunate to be part of the Research Training Group 2475: Cybercrime and Forensic Computing by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG). Besides, I am grateful that I had the opportunity to join and collaborate with Nicolas Christin and his group at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU).
In 2017, I received my M.Sc. in computer science from Saarland University, where I also graduated in 2015 with a B.Sc. in bioinformatics (majoring in computational molecular biology). During my studies, I worked as a student trainee in software development and as a research assistant at the Helmholtz Center for Information Security (CISPA).
- Assessing Anonymity Techniques Employed in German Court Decisions: A De-Anonymization ExperimentIn Proceedings of the 32nd USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security ’23), 2023
- SoK: Assumptions Underlying Cryptocurrency DeanonymizationsIn Proceedings of the Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS 2022), 2022
- CoinJoin in the Wild - An Empirical Analysis in DashIn Proceedings of the 26th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS 2021), 2021
- Minting Mechanism for Proof of Stake BlockchainsIn Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security (ACNS 2020), 2020
- My Genome Belongs to Me: Controlling Third Party Computation on Genomic DataIn Proceedings of the Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS 2019), 2019
- Redactable Blockchain in the Permissionless SettingIn Proceedings of the 40th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (Oakland 2019), 2019
- Functional CredentialsIn Proceedings on Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS 2018), 2018